Getting your existing swimming data into Swim Master
If you have already setup Swim Master the next step is to start adding data to the system. There are three basic groups of data in Swim Master and each has its own sub Menu heading on the Swim Master Administration page.
This is where your swimmer records go. You can enter Swimmer records in three ways.
- Upload a csv (commar separated value) file of all of your swimmers from the from Swim Master Administration > Swimmers. This is a that has the following headers and associated values(‘First Name’, ‘Last Name’, ‘DOB’, ‘Gender’, ‘Status’, ‘Member Number’) where DOB is the swimmer’s date of birth in the format dd MMM YYYY and Status is ‘Active’ if the Swimmer is a current member of the club, otherwise Staus can be left blank. This is an example of a csv file with 1 swimmer record:
First Name,Last Name,Email Address,DOB,Gender,Status,Member Number
Fred,Bloggs,01 Jan 1966,Male,Active,456666
- Add one Swimmer at a time using the form on Swim Master Administration > Swimmers.
- Uploading a Team Manager Results file will create a Swimmer record for each swimmer in the results that is not already in the system. See Results below…
If you want to let your swimmers submit Online Meet Entries you’ll need to setup a Meet so that it appears on the Calendar page. Just like Swimmer records Meets can be setup in three ways.
- Upload a Team Manager Meet Events zip file that contains a ev3 file on the Swim Master Administration > Meets page.
- Create a Meet and then add the events using the form on the Swim Master Administration > Meets page.
- A Meet record is also created when you upload a Team Manager Results file.
Guess what? There are three ways of getting results into the system too.
- Upload a Team Manager Meet Results file for a Meet you have already setup. To load these results find the Meet in Swim Master Administration > Meets and use the results upload form for that Meet.
- Upload a Team Manager Meet Results file for a Meet that has not previously been setup in the system. This is essentially the same as the first option but is useful for adding results from meets that occurred before you started to use Swim Master or meets that did take Online Entries. The form for this upload is in Swim Master Administration > Results
- Upload an single Individual or Relay swim. This can be used to add a result for a swim that was not included in the Team Manager Results file. The form for this is in Swim Master Administration > Results
Swim Master automatically works out the Club Records for swims in each Master’s age group. Swims that are also State, National or World Records can be changed by an Admin user from the Results page.